Company: Real Equity Management
Posted on: February 13, 2019
THE HIRING COMPANY:
Our Restaurant is a popular venue for a crowd that loves local flavors and ingredients! Our atmosphere and delicious menu full of small plates, old favorites and and new seasonal items paired with exceptional service, ensure our guests' return! KITCHEN MANAGER POSITION:
As our Restaurant Kitchen Manager, you are responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness, training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, cost control, and sanitation and cleanliness. KITCHEN MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS:
- MUST HAVE: 3+ year's experience in a lead Kitchen role within a casual dining restaurant environment
- MUST HAVE: 5+ years' experience holding a kitchen position (food prep, line cook, fry cook, expediter, etc.) in a casual dining restaurant environment
- Able to communicate effectively with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel, and guests
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours) KITCHEN MANAGER
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes, serving size procedures and waste control procedures.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Meet with sales representatives to negotiate prices or order supplies.
- Meet with guests to discuss menus for special occasions, such as parties, or banquets.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items, establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients or likely number of guests.
- Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurants recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures to new kitchen employees.
- Coach cooks or other workers on the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Make employment and termination decisions including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Responsible for managing a weekly staffing schedule and controlling labor costs based upon restaurant traffic.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Oversee the continuous training of kitchen employees on kitchen equipment, utensils, cleanliness, sanitation practices, first-aid, CPR, proper lifting and carrying techniques, and handling hazardous materials.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurants preventative maintenance programs.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, orders, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
Keywords: Real Equity Management, Columbia , Kitchen Manager, Executive , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!