Laboratory Services Manager
Company: Nucleus Healthcare
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Nucleus Healthcare seeks a qualified Laboratory Services Manager
-to join a prestigious academic health system in Columbia, MO.
-Take the next step in your career and thrive in an environment
where you are respected, challenged, and offered endless
opportunities to define your career path!Our partner nurtures a
workplace culture you can thrive in.
- Becker Healthcare's 150 Top Places to Work -
- "Just Culture" organizationSmall town charm. Big
opportunities.Columbia, MO, is an up-and-coming university town in
the heart of Missouri known for its
- prestigious public university
- healthcare system
- public schools
- division 1 sports
- affordable cost of living and housingWith a thriving cultural
and culinary scene, many outdoor activities, and easy access to St.
Louis and Kansas City, you can have the best of both worlds: the
charm of a small town with the convenience of modern amenities and
top-notch healthcare.Benefits that matter.
- Tuition assistance -from the local top-rated university
- Up to 75% for you and 50% for spouses and children
- Includes all locations and online
- Exceptional retirement program- 8% match on 401k!
- 100% paid leave for parents and caregivers for up to four weeks
- effective January 2024
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including mental
- Generous PTOPay
- Up to $127,962/year based on experienceJob DescriptionTo assist
in directing the operational, financial, and personnel activities
of the Pathology Department.
- Manage all aspects of staffing in the Pathology Department
Assist in developing and implementing department policies and
- Represent the Pathology Department in collaboration with other
- Monitor departmental operations, billing, financial data, and
- Assist in assuring all departmental certifications, licensure,
and accreditation are maintained.
- Assist in the planning and development of quality assurance
- May complete unit/department-specific duties and expectations
as outlined in department documents.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, or other science
- By February 28, 1992, individuals qualified as medical
technologists may substitute for an associate's degree.
- Four (4) years of clinical laboratory experience. One (1) year
of supervisory or administrative experience. -
- Certification: Medical Technologist (MT), Medical Laboratory
Scientist (MLS or IMLS), categorical or specialist (such as
Chemistry, Cyto, Histo, Microbiology, Blood Banking, Molecular
Biology) by American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or
American Medical Technologists (AMT), or Certified Point of Care
Professional (CPP) by American Association for Clinical Chemistry
(AACC), or Clinical Laboratory Technologist by former Dept of
Health Education & Welfare (HEW/HHS).Preferred Qualifications
- Additional license/certification requirements as determined by
the hiring department.Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here must be met with or without reasonable
accommodation. The performance of these physical demands is an
essential function of the job. The employee may be required to
ambulate, remain stationary, and position themself to reach and
move objects above the shoulders and below the knees. The employee
may be necessary to move things up to 10 lbs.Nucleus HealthcareWho
We Are -Purpose-built, patient-minded, and mission-driven, Nucleus
is trusted by major hospitals, health systems, and life sciences
organizations with a vision to redefine how healthcare does
business. - -What We Do -Nucleus Healthcare ("Nucleus") delivers
next-generation human capital management to empower people who
power healthcare. Rooted in talent management, Nucleus provides
services and solutions that have yielded more than 7,500 hires in
healthcare for all levels and roles. -Our Mission - -Empower the
people who power healthcare. -Our Vision - -It is redefining the
way healthcare does business. -Our Values -We deliver results ---
We are committed --- We are precise --- We are change agents --- We
are ONE team --- We are fueled by passion and purpose
Keywords: Nucleus Healthcare, Columbia , Laboratory Services Manager, Executive , Mexico, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...