Maintenance Manager, Purina Animal Nutrition
Company: Land O'Lakes
Location: Montgomery City
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Join boundless thinkers from all walks of life working together
to feed the world. Take pride in working with powerful brands,
including Purina Animal Nutrition, Nutra Blend, WinField United,
Vermont Creamery, KozyShack, and more.You'll join a global team
committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to
the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the
nutrition that animals need, to marketing the final
product.Maintenance Manager, Purina Animal NutritionAs Maintenance
Manager in our animal feed manufacturing facility, you will focus
on improving maintenance processes, asset reliability & capital
improvement projects. You will be responsible for leading 4
Maintenance Technicians and collaborating with production. You will
report directly to the Plant Manager You will be a leader champion
for maintenance as well as safety responsibilities for a 24
hr/5-day Feed Mill operation, weekends as needed. You will serve as
the manager of the maintenance department and must be a hands-on
leader that can be flexible in both meeting the needs of the plant
mechanically, and in a managerial capacity. This position plans and
manages the daily activities of the maintenance department and is
responsible for the predictive, preventative and corrective
maintenance of the processing equipment, buildings, and grounds.
This individual will be responsible for implementing and executing
plant sanitation procedures and tasks. Will serve as a safety
supervisor who will lead safety planning, training, and tasks for
the plant. Job Scope:
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and reliability of
the plant manufacturing systems.
- Coordinate functions, assignments, and projects of shift staff.
Supports maintenance team development.
- Create and maintain a safe working environment for all
- Responsible for providing guidance on trouble shooting as well
as determining methods of minimizing down time and maximizing asset
- Confirms root cause analysis and failure analysis is completed
on critical plant equipment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all equipment used, safety
regulations, practices, and procedures applicable to work
- Manages development and prioritization of facility capital
plans and priorities while collaborating with plant manager and
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies.
Understanding of the OSHA, and EPA programs.
- Required to maintain accurate and organized documentation on
programs and equipment.
- Able to work from elevated heights.
- Willing to assist technicians when needed.
- Required to possess own hand tools to use when needed.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with different
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others and work with
employees at all levels of the organization.
- PLC knowledge, Electrical knowledge, strong Mechanical
Aptitude, familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's),
Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes/Lean
Maintenance, ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies
and Procedures, and report and follow through on any
- Understand maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational
needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to manage to a maintenance department operating
- Project management planning and oversight
- High school/GED degree.
- 3+ years supervisory experience with 5+ years of industrial
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance systems, work order
processes, preventive/predictive maintenance, inventory and
scheduling software, preferred. Competencies-Skills (Required):
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office: (Microsoft Windows, Word,
Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of E1 Catalyst, and Ariba highly
desired. Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Skills in organization, prioritizing and attention to
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of
employees. Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free
workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse
testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy. Neither Land
O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for
confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive
a call or email like this, please do not provide the information
being requested. Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com
accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us
regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance
completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution
Center at 844-LOL-HR4U ) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Keywords: Land O'Lakes, Columbia , Maintenance Manager, Purina Animal Nutrition, Executive , Montgomery City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!