Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Services is seeking a Maintenance Manager--in Mexico,
MO!DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITYPay rate: $40.00/hourSigning bonus:
$2,000Location:--Mexico, MO 65265Shifts: the plant operates 24/7 so
there are three different shifts:7 AM - 3 PM3 PM - 11 PM11 PM - 7
AMGENERAL SUMMARY:Leads and performs the activities of the Tool
Room and Die Service/Build Up which includes, builds,
modifications, repairs, purchasing and vendor functions,
scheduling, and preventive maintenance. Works with design,
engineering and production staff to ensure adherence to quality,
timelines, scheduling and safety requirements. Encompasses
Spartan's Core Operating Values in daily activities which
contributes to the attainment of operational metrics/goals and
strong team member relations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESONSIBILITIES
- Supervisory Responsibilities:--Leads and schedules tool and die
work. Coordinates activities with engineering and production staff
to determine needs and priorities. Maintains tooling schedule for
repairs. Establishes tool repair standards for time and labor.
Makes recommendation of tool life based on repairs/cost to maintain
- Performs die build up and teardown activities. Repairs die
cavities by welding and cutting back to print standards. Evaluates
and replaces die components as necessary. Operates crane, welder,
towmotor, grinders, lathes, mills, etc.
- Handles vendor outsourcing functions, including quotes,
pricing, schedules, quality of work, etc. Ensures vendors receive
accurate prints and documentation of contracted work. Maintains
strong vendor relationships.
- Maintains tooling work order system in ERP system. Tracks all
tooling life and makes recommendations for tooling replacement
schedule. Determines min/max tool component inventory levels for
- Participates in continuous improvement practices. Monitors
production problems and creates counter measures. Recommends and
develops new processes and procedures and initiates/participates in
- Maintains Tool Room Department equipment. Ensures proper care
and maintenance of department equipment. Oversees all routine
servicing of machines.
- Ensures proper housekeeping and inventory of tools and
materials. Develops and ensures safe practices are being followed
related to tooling activities.
- Serves on the plant leadership team. Establishes capital
expenditures for tooling department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages team member performance by ensuring each team member
understands their job roles, responsibilities, and expectations and
by regularly providing feedback on performance. Holds team members
accountable for following Spartan's Core Operating Values.
- Builds and maintains collaboration within team and between
other teams in the company. Resolves conflicts between team members
and with other teams.
- Delegates work and empowers team members to accomplish daily
- Acts as an expert resource to department staff and others in
assisting them with questions and resolving problems and in
providing department information on policies, practices and
- Mentors, trains and provides direction to team members,
equipping them with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully
perform and grow in their jobs.JOB QUALIFICATIONS--Preferred:
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering
Technology, or related degree, or Machine Shop Technology
Certification and Tool and Die Journeyman's cardRequired: High
School Diploma/GED and 5+ years progressive tool room
experienceKNOWLEDGE & SKILLSFamiliarity with MS Office, e-mail
programs, and the internet. Working knowledge of tooling equipment
software and Solidworks.--Computer, Technical, Mechanical,
Mathematical and/or Scientific Skills
- Advanced knowledge of lathe, milling machine, grinding
machines, drilling and sawing machines, computer numerical control
(CNC) machines, and other common machine tools.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of die cast engineering,
die cast processes and tooling.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations required to
complete all principle duties and assigned tasks, including
algebra, trigonometry, ratios, and proportions.Communication Skills
- Verbal, Written, Training, Presenting, etc.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills. Ability to
read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, technical procedures, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all groups of team
members and management.
- Ability to train others and give constructive feedback and
criticism to correct improper ways of performing job duties.Problem
Solving skills and Decision Making Skills
- Proficient problem solving and decision making skills. Ability
to utilize knowledge and experience to,1) identify the source of a
- 2) follow required guidelines or procedures,
- 3) make viable recommendations to resolve problems and make
- 4) know when to escalate problems to management.Leadership
Skills and/or Project Management Skills
- Proficient leadership skills, demonstrating the ability to
lead: 1) daily work area activities, 2) performance, productivity,
quality and safety, and 3) team development.
- Proficient team-building skills. Ability to create a shared
sense of purpose, collaboration and effective communication between
team members?PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to deal with stressful situations with tact and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously,
including balancing priorities and deliverables.Required to follow
all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures to
support facility compliance.--The physical/mental requirements and
working conditions described are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Safety, Health and Environmental:Physical Demands:
- Stand at the work area and/or sit at a computer workstation for
extended periods of time while performing assigned duties. Perform
the same tasks as team members.
- Ability to lift and carry weights 50 pounds or more.
- Stooping, bending, standing, pushing, and pulling when moving
equipment and operating machinery. Ability to climb ladders and on
equipment.Work Environment:Working conditions in the plant include,
hot temperatures in the summer and cool temperatures in the winter,
and continuous noise. The office environment is well lighted, and
climate controlled.The job description does not constitute an
employment agreement between the employer and employee and is
subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and
requirements of the job change.--Why Kelly--?As a worker today,
it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for
opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping
you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going
on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we
employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support,
guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you
may have never imagined.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always
thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of
working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading
advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we
believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities
that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people
with great companies is what we do best, and our employment
opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and
industries around the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer
committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing
accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the
hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation
Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs
that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Columbia , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Martinsburg, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!