Director of Nursing
Company: Columbia Manor Inc
Posted on: October 20, 2020
Columbia Manor Care is searching for a talented and dedicated
Director of Nursing to lead our nursing team! The Director of
Nursing will be responsible for the overall quality clinical
outcomes of the facility. Priority one will be quality care,
customer service and employee relations. In addition, regulatory
management, responsible for attracting and retaining top performing
talented team members as well as the supervision and career
coaching of existing team members on staff. Our pursuit of
excellence begins with a commitment to our staff. We realize how
important they are to the success of our healthcare centers, which
is why we strive to create a working environment that supports
career growth and personal success for our entire staff.Benefits
Offered:* A Complete Insurance Package* 401K with Employer Match*
Paid Sick Leave* Paid Vacation Time* Quick Access to Earned Wages*
Tuition Reimbursement* Competitive WagesEssential Functions
- Directs, supervises and advises department staff in nursing
best practices and care quality.
- Completes daily rounds to supervise employees and communicates
with residents, families, caregivers, staff, doctors and
- Ensures on call RN coverage 24/7; schedules adequate staff
within the Nursing Department and makes routine adjustments to work
schedules to ensure coverage on all shifts.
- Ensures that a nurse is available to complete rounds with
- Communicates all admission needs to nursing staff prior to
admissions. Example: Referral report.
- Ensures all necessary information is obtained to ensure a
positive admission experience for the resident and family.
- Contributes necessary assessment and resident information to
ensure a quality Care Plan for each resident upon admission, and
collaborates with other interdisciplinary team members to identify
any changes that need to be made to the Care Plan on an ongoing
- Ensures that the nursing staff follows the direction of the
Care Plan and all physician orders.
- Participates in practices that attract and retain the best
- Manages the departmental human resources function including
daily staffing requirements, resolving performance issues including
terminations, employee orientation on all new hires, documenting
employee personnel files, and managing overtime.
- Effectively delegates work tasks to department staff.
- Provides training and leadership by example in protecting the
confidential nature of resident information and adherence to
- Sets procedures to ensure the necessary and required training
and education of all departmental staff on a regular basis and as
required by federal, state and local laws and standards.
- Works with the Administrator in developing department budget
and provides financial management throughout the year. Brings all
budget issues immediately to the attention of the
- Reviews referrals regarding clinical needs and completes cost
- Makes hospital visits as needed to evaluate resident needs
- Ensures all doctors' orders are signed; completes random audits
of all orders and records to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Completes routine chart audits of all clinical documentation
and systems to ensure compliance, as directed by corporate policy
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and company
health, safety, and sanitation laws, regulations and standards,
including Standard Precautions and Infection Control
- Communicates with Central Supply regarding the monitoring and
handling of bio-hazard waste.
- Accountable for the resident medication program including the
accurate delivery of medications by staff; performs routine
medication audits and med room inspections.
- Monitors the tracking and disposal of controlled
- Works flexible and uncertain work hours to operate a 365/24/7
department including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and
holidays, as needed; works with all department employees by
rotating through all shifts.
- Sees that investigations are conducted by an RN and
Administrator is informed regarding all reported incidents,
injuries, complaints about care, allegations of abuse/neglect or
misappropriation of funds; assigned RN gathers and documents all
necessary information, findings and conclusions within appropriate
files required by the DHSS; alerts Administrator reports findings
- Coordinates with all outside consultants to ensure their
recommendations have been documented, signed and implemented as
- Verifies completion of (and not accuracy of) and signs MDS
forms when a RN is not available in the MDS Department.
- Provides oversight of corporate and facility nursing policies
and procedures and ensures they are implemented and reviewed
routinely. Implements new policies, procedures and/or processes as
directed by the Administrator or corporate staff.
- Administers employee drug testing process as needed for entire
facility; effectively delegates drug testing administration to
nursing leadership when needed.
- Ensures compliance with facility's various nursing programs
such as wounds, weight, infection control, and pain
management.NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must hold a current Registered Nurse license in the State of
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience as a Registered Nurse with progression into
- Minimum of 2 years working in a living facility offering
skilled care, rehabilitation services, assisted living and/or
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Dedicated interest in assisting a senior population.
- Experience in developing and implementing individualized care
- Understanding of standard assessment tools for use in
evaluating resident status.
- Understanding of human resources function, the value of
diversity in the workforce, and compliance with laws surrounding
the employer-employee relationship.
- Patience and acceptance of constant change in own work
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to provide Compassionate CarePreferred Education or
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Travel by automobile to required meetings and conferences.HP20
Keywords: Columbia Manor Inc, Columbia , Director of Nursing, Executive , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!