Company: Clemco Industries Corp.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Position Title: Controls EngineerDepartment: Engineered
SolutionsFLSA Status: SalariedJOB SUMMARYThe Controls Engineer will
design new products and improve existing products using their
knowledge of automation, technology, material, and manufacturing
processes. The Engineer is responsible for engineering automation
and robotics into our existing products, helping to launch new
products, CAD modeling/designing, producing prototypes, and factory
testing the designs. Will work in a team environment, often
consulting with other engineers, manufacturing, and product
managers.WHO WE ARE-We're a leader in the surface preparation
industry. We innovate new products, restructure processes for
improved performance, and constantly advance the air-blast surface
preparation industry. We love to pay-it-forward to our communities
and families. Are you ready for a new challenge? Join us and dream
BIG.WHO WE WANT-
- Passionate innovator. Desire to learn and try new things.
Willingness to challenge status quo and to develop future standard
designs and processes.
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who
naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes
- finding ways to simplify, standardize, and automate.
- Diligent task managers. Utilize skills of a cross functional
team to drive innovation. Ability to plan your own schedule,
communicate that schedule, and maintain that schedule.
- Proactive problem solver. Desire to identify problems in either
design or process and drive to get to the root cause.
- Humble learner. Willingness to fail, acknowledge failure, and
to learn from that failure. Ability to communicate learnings to
rest of team.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design specialized industrial blasting equipment using
tomorrow's advanced mechanical concepts and controls
- Use the latest Rockwell Software, programming Allen-Bradley
PLCs and HMIs
- Create modular and scalable electrical hardware, mechanical
sub-components, and software designs to increase time-to-market and
- Enjoy designing in 3D using AutoCAD Inventor and Vault design
- Independently manage work department metrics to increase
capabilities, throughput, and design quality
- Serve as the go-to person for the custom solutions team for
controls and instrumentation knowledge
- Integrate the electro-mechanical designs into the Syteline ERP
system to architect not only what is being built, but how it gets
built in our expansive and capable manufacturing facility
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (Conduct and facilitate root cause
analysis to determine metrics, troubleshoot manufacturing and
assembly issues, material flow, project plans, production capacity,
facility design and create process documentation.)
- Train our field service technicians on the controls/automation
to ensure they are able to proficiently operate, startup, and
maintain all Clemco equipment. Must be able to explain technical
concepts to all levels of our internal organization
- Willingness to learn advance mechanical competencies such as
structural design, power transmission, finite-element analysis, and
design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA)
- Consult with engineering/sales personnel to resolve unusual
- Up to 10% domestic travel possible
- Other duties as requiredSKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Engineering (Mechatronics, Automation and Controls,
Robotics, Electrical or Mechanical)
- 3+ years' experience in both electrical and mechanical
- Allen-Bradley software including Connected Components
Workbench, Studio 5000 Logix Designer, Studio 5000 View Designer,
Factorytalk View Studio. Familiarity with PlantPAx or Machine
Builder Library a plus
- Fanuc Robotics experience a plus
- Kinetix 5500 dependent servo drive automation a plus
- AutoDESK Inventor, Vault, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical,
Microsoft Excel, Etc.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems a
- Experience working with Industrial Equipment
- Communication skills (MS Office Suite, CAD, ERP)
- Working knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatic
- Working knowledge PLC's, mechanical and Industrial
- Ability to read production drawings and equipment manuals.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with ability
to balance competing priorities
- Strong ability to work independently designing mechanical,
electrical and ventilation systems.
- Exposure to Lean Business systems.
Keywords: Clemco Industries Corp., Columbia , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Washington, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...