Information Technology Engineer (Computing Methods & Technology)
Posted on: May 11, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space,
you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.The Infrastructure team in the Virtual
Warfare Center (VWC) has a need for an additional Information
Technology Engineer interested in working difficult problems at the
front end of the business. The IT Engineer will be involved with IT
systems design, support, architecture, and maintenance on a variety
of delivery systems. Our infrastructure team is responsible for the
planning, budget, project management, installation, support, and
operations of our world class modeling and simulation facilities
which are located across the United States. Customer focus is
primary in this fast paced environment, along with the willingness
to support a wide range of technologies. Willingness to learn and
support many different technologies i.e. (Audiovisual Systems).
--POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES Duties will include but not limited
- Defines and validates complex requirements for new and revised
hardware and software systems.
- Leads the design, development and test of applications and
- Leads development of trade studies and other forms of analysis
to formulate optimum solutions for users.
- Guides and coordinates development and deployment of new or
revised processes in support of new computing systems, including
documentation and training.
- Facilitates development of system integration strategies and
architectures that promote use of common tools and processes.
- Leads and coordinates integration of new technologies and the
transition from legacy systems to support business
- Mentors less experienced employees.
- Works under minimal direction.Work Authorization:This position
requires an active Secret security clearance with current SSBIThis
position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S.
Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is
considered active.) Basic Qualifications: (Required
- 5 (five) or more years of experience providing high level
Windows system administration of both desktops and servers
- Ability to quickly obtain security certifications such as
Security+ or equivalent IAT Level 2 certifications per DoD
Instruction 8570 (8140)
- Current/Active Secret Security Clearance with an SSBI
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI.Preferred Qualifications: (Desired
- Experience providing system administration of RedHat 6.x and
7.x, Ansible and Ansible Playbooks
- Networking experience. Configuring and maintaining Cisco
- Experience with install/setup/maintenance of NetApp RAID
- Windows Server/Workstation administration in a domain
- Experience executing DoD STIGs for operating systems (Windows
7, Windows Server 2008/2012)Typical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this
position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at
their own expense.Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.All information provided will be
checked and may be verified
Keywords: Boeing, Columbia , Information Technology Engineer (Computing Methods & Technology), Engineering , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!