Company: Jefferson College
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Incumbent prepares and analyzes financial reports and data within the Business Office of Jefferson College. Responsibilities may include identifying, researching, and resolving account discrepancies; preparing and analyzing standard and ad-hoc reports; and ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and/or grant requirements.
Minimum Education and/or Training and Experience:
Bachelor s degree in related area and two years of relevant experience OR Associate s degree and minimum of five years of relevant experience required.
Preferred Education and/or Training and Experience:
Licensing Requirements: CPA preferred
1. Prepare monthly financial reports and analytical data reports for management use, such as financial statements and investment lists.
2. Perform fiscal year-end fixed asset physical inventory. Coordinate with various departments on all campuses to ensure inventory management is addressed throughout accounting department.
3. Track financial investments and prepare journal entries for investment interest into appropriate software system. Track collateral pledged securities balances and other financial information, as needed.
4. Coordinate physical tagging of fixed assets. Track physical location of assets and all changes to location for such assets. Track fixed assets expenditures.
5. Develop and create reports with appropriate documentation for senior management use and discussion.
6. Prepare accounts transactions and journal entries to distribute expense.
7. Prepare monthly/year-end journal entries and key into appropriate general ledger system and prepare reclassification journal entries as needed.
8. Interpret grant documents to determine allowable grant funded expenditures and submit reimbursement requests to various external agencies by specific deadlines.
9. Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
Accounting knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) theory;
Basic accounting principles and practices;
Automated accounting software packages.
Attention to detail;
Interpreting information via contracts and grant requirements;
Microsoft Word and Excel;
Excellent organizational skills;
Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office and ERP system;
Ability to multi-task;
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Wage/Salary: $48,194 - $54,274
Status: Full time
If Part-time, hours per week:
If Non-exempt, work days:
Posting Number: SF00440
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit
It is the policy of Jefferson College that no person shall, on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or veteran status, be subject to discrimination in employment or in admission to any educational program or activity of the College. In compliance with Federal Rules and Regulations, Jefferson College has adopted a procedure for resolving complaints of discrimination. The procedure is available to any Jefferson College student, employee, or applicant who feels that he or she has been discriminated against in employment, student programs, or student activities.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Keywords: Jefferson College, Columbia , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Hillsboro, Missouri
here to apply!